Historic Houses for Sale on the Eastern Shore of Maryland
Historic House For Sale in Marion Station, MD - Somerset County

Victorian House for sale c. 1892.  4 beds, 2 baths, 2200 sq. ft. on 0.78 acres.  Rural, quiet setting, beautiful landscape, 2 miles from the water. Slate roof - original trim, fish pond, 2 outbuildings.

Historic House For Sale
The Vance Miles House
Victorian Queen Anne for sale near Crisfield
Marion Station, Maryland

from Historic House for Sale  Somerset County, MD (near Crisfield)
brought to you by lowershore.net

All Listings                       Home  |  Location  |  Rooms  |  Gardens  |  House History  |  Contact Owners 

Historic House For Sale - Eastern shore

 $276,900

  

History of Marion Station

History of the House

 
Special charms of this house
 
Improvements made
 
 
How close is the house to the waterfront and area attractions?
 
  More House Pictures
 
  Get your house on this website.
 
 
 

Notify me when NEW properties are added to this site

Lowershore.net NEVER shares or sells email addresses to third parties.

 

    

Historic House For Sale on the Eastern Shore of Maryland

History of the Vance Miles House

Vance Miles House

    
This house was built in 1892 on a tract of land owned the Miles family, one of the original Thirty-Four families of the Crisfield area.  The Vance Miles house was the first dwelling to be built on Marion Station's famous "Millionaire Row."  (what is now Charles Cannon Road).  The road was named  "Millionaire Row" after the turn of the century when the Marion economy was booming due to the agricultural trade.  The strawberry and seafood barons built large Victorian houses all along this road leading to Colbourne Creek.  This house was the first built and is situated on "Parcel 1" and was first occupied by the Vance Miles family..
    

The Vance Miles Family - 1924

    
According to the 1930 census, Vance Miles was a farmer and a businessman.  He and his wife, Lillian had three children and raised them all in this house.  Vance and his family are pictured above on the front steps of the house.  This picture (courtesy of Ben Stevens) was taken in 1924.

Vance Miles died in 1950 and several years later the house was sold to the Green family who occupied it for less than ten years.  The Williams family bought the house in the early sixties and lived in it until 2002 when the current owners purchased the property. 

  
The three families that owned the has over the past one hundred-ten years took great care of the home, its interior and the yard.
       
       

  historic house for sale  |  lower shore homes  |          web design by lowershore.net 2004 by lowershore.net,