The Old Cambridge Brick Colonial lies in the heart of the Historic
District of the City of Cambridge,
County Seat of Dorchester County.
Tree lined streets bordering the Choptank River
The house rests on a wide street corner one block from the scenic
Choptank River. In fact, the
River can be seen from the street corner in front of the house.
Streets in the neighborhood have sidewalks and beautifully landscaped
yards framing historic houses and buildings which date back to the
eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.
Small town feel with large town amenities.
Cambridge is a historic town in that it was settled in 1684 and
incorporated in 1793. It currently has a population of 10,911
making it the third most populated municipality on the Eastern Shore
of Maryland (Salisbury is the largest, followed by Easton).
The Scenic Choptank River
City of Cambridge rests on the Choptank River which has been its
source of revenue and prosperity since the town was settled over 300
Today the River is still scenic and continues to help
Cambridge prosper through the harvesting of seafood and the attraction
of boaters and tourists.
View of the Choptank River from the
Annie Oakley House
of Cambridge is conveniently located between Easton and Salisbury
allowing for extended shopping and recreation opportunities in close
proximity. Additionally, Cambridge is only a 1.5 hour drive from
the major cities of Baltimore and Washington, and it has its own
hospital and airport.
Cambridge has a historic district with stately
older homes, as well as several shopping malls, restaurants and
museums, and of course - the famous Choptank River waterfront, which
provides abundant opportunity for recreation including the Sailwinds waterfront park and the Grand Hyatt